Tuesday, January 24, 2012

#Gardenchat Inspired #MiniGarden Photo Blog "From the Cliff We Wait for Spring"


The alarm went off at 8:50 pm didn't want to take a chance of missing tonight's  GardenChat on MiniGardens.  As I newbie to gardening I am constantly looking for good info to break the "Curse of Brown Thumb"inadvertently passed down by Mom. If you missed it last night here is the Transcript prepaired by Bern thanks, it's great to go back & catch the things you miss. Try to keep up as best I could I noticed this tweet from  A mini garden can be as small as an inch pot or as big as your imagination. .  It gave me the idea to make my 1st but I'm sure not my last MiniGarden "From the Cliff We Wait for Spring"

Got up had a pot of coffee & headed to the man-cave.  This lovely is where some the things from my past are displayed.  So much better than in a box that you can't see much less see in back under other boxes waiting to be sorted.
Well it IS a MiniGarden, right?  These dolls have been around all my life, my parents bought them when I was a kid & we lived in Japan, there used to be more of them but somebody eat the others.  I decided that my MiniGarden would be made up of things I know, love & that bring back pleasant memories.
 Plants from the porch bed, not sure what they are it was a packet of mixed seeds.
 The cliff can from some old old rotted wood that I should have cleaned up but I just enjoy the texture.
The work bench
Made little holes so the dolls would not fall off the cliff

"We're Waiting"
Almost done

I almost forgot the bowl came from Japan at the same time

 How long to Spring?
"Dōmo arigatō, Mr. Roboto"

2 comments: