The Names of the Mini Roses Have Been Changed To Protect The Innocent
Defining plant neglect historically has been difficult to do, leading to inconsistencies in policies, practice, and research. Without a consistent definition of plant neglect, it is nearly impossible to compare research results. This inconsistency also leads to variability in the way neglect plants are handled.
The debate over a definition of neglect centers on a lack of consensus in answering these questions:
- What are the minimum requirements associated with caring for a plant?
- What action or inaction by a nursery owner or other caregiver constitutes neglectful behavior?
- Must the nursery owner or caregiver's action or inaction be intentional?
- What impact does the action or inaction have on the health, safety, and well-being of the plant?
- What constitutes "failure or inability to provide" adequate food, shelter, protection?
- Should "failure or inability to protect" be included?
- Is the action or inaction a result of indifference rather than neglect?
This is Dava
A little TLC
Dava de Seminole
Shows little effect of her neglect